Team Work Transparency and Agile Planning
PLANTA pulse and PLANTA Project can be used as a hybrid system. Data in both systems can be synchronized via web service so that the benefits of both the agile and classical project management can be used when it comes to project planning and controlling.
- Agile planning of projects and project parts can be processed within project teams using PLANTA pulse.
- Using PLANTA Project, a detailed planning and the monitoring of budget, resource utilization and project progress as well as the reporting of projects planned with PLANTA pulse are provided.
- Dynamic and transparent team work
- Collaboration and communication within a team
- Flexible handling of own tasks
- SaaS or on-premise possible, ensuring a high data protection level
- Web-based: available on numerous platforms
PLANTA pulse is a web program for freely structurable task management in a team. PLANTA pulse also provides collaborative project management.
Tasks are administered in boards (a board equals a project) together with lists and cards. A card equates to a task in a project. For a more detailed structure, checklists can be added to each card. Members can write comments on cards which facilitates the direct communication among the team members who work together on particular tasks or wish to be informed on the task progress.
All essential information is displayed on the card without having to open it:
- Assignment to categories (freely definable labels) and team members
- Start and end date
- Already reported hours
- Number of complete checklist tasks
- Existence of attachments or comments
Handling of tasks on a board is quite easy: cards can be moved via mouse, so that changed assignments or completed tasks can quickly be positioned in the right place on the board. Completed cards can be archived and, if required, be restored.
Features at a Glance
PLANTA pulse is a web program for freely structurable task management in a team. Tasks are administered in boards by means of lists and cards. For a more detailed structure, checklists can be added to each card. Board members can write comments on cards, which facilitates the direct communication among the team members who work together on particular tasks or wish to be informed on the task progress.
In the Boards panel, all boards are displayed in miniature format and sorted by categories. Via the activity bar of all boards, the user is informed about newly assigned members, new cards and new comments on boards.
In the board, you can find all the essential card information on miniature cards without having to completely open the cards:
- Assignment to labels and team members
- Start and due date
- Recorded working time
- Number of complete checklist tasks
- Existing attachments and comments
Handling of tasks on a board is quite easy: cards can be moved via mouse, so that changed assignments or completed tasks can quickly be positioned in the right place on the board. Completed cards can be archived and, if required, restored.
- Thanks to filter options, users can have only their own cards displayed, or also the cards of other users. Labels can be filtered as well.
- By means of freely definable labels, cards can be categorized.
Activity Bar of a Board
In the activity bar, which can be toggled on the right side of a board, all team members, labels and information on actions in the board are displayed: e.g. when cards have been created, completed or moved, when comments have been added, etc.
This is very useful for team members who want to see all events at a glance that have occurred since the last time they had a look on the board. However, they can also stay up-to-date on all actions in the board by e-mail notification.
It is possible to limit the number of cards in a list so that not too many cards are processed at the same time.
Start and Due Date
Via the Start and Due listboxes, the required start and due date can be selected for the respective card. On the card, the dates are highlighted in different colors (red, gray, green, yellow) depending on the start and due date in relation to today’s date.
Integration in Outlook
PLANTA pulse supports iCal feeds for users and boards. Hence, dates can be imported from a PLANTA pulse board to all calendar programs which support the .ics standard (e.g. Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar).
- Board feeds show all dates of a board in the respective calendar.
- Via user feeds, users can see the dates of all cards they are an assigned member of in the calendar.
Time Recording, Working Time Overview
Users can record and get an overview of their working time. Recorded working time is directly linked to the respective card on which the total working time for this task is displayed.
For each task, checklists can be created. The degree of completion (e.g. 3 of 5 items completed) is displayed on the card. As soon as every checklist item is checked as completed, the degree of completion on the card will be highlighted green.
Attachments can be added to a card via Drag&Drop or the corresponding links and buttons. On a card, attachments can either be displayed as pin symbols only or they can be additionally displayed as a card cover.
Users can have their respective to-do items displayed in three different views:
All the user’s to-do items (cards) are grouped by boards.
Users can define individual overviews of cards they are assigned to.
Dashboard with Widgets
This view is divided into two areas.
On the left, users can display the cards they are assigned to grouped by boards and in different categories in tabular form via filter and search widgets. On the right, the card view of the selected card is displayed.
Per board, further, individual fields can be added to cards by means of custom fields. The following field types can be created: Text, Number, Checkbox, Date, Listbox, Hyperlink and Card Color. Via the field settings, custom fields can be displayed automatically on every card on the board.
In order to create an individual board style, background images (user-defined via URL or from a directory) can be added and displayed as cover images in the board overview.
Chat channels can be defined flexibly on a board. This facilitates the direct communication among board members
In the Administration panel, users with administration rights can control the data of all boards in the PLANTA pulse system via an API interface and maintain user lists, categories for grouping boards, etc. Here, new categories can be created and boards can be assigned to categories.
Via the Enable system-wide announcement parameter, the administrator can display a message for the entire PLANTA pulse system in a yellow bar.
Via the Enable linking of boards and cards parameter, the administrator can control whether boards and cards can be linked to each other.
In comparison to the pure list view, swim lanes enable you to also align cards horizontally in the board. Swim lanes can be toggled. For cards in a swim lane, a color can be configured and automatically set for all the cards in the respective swim lane.
PLANTA Hybrid - Synchronization of PLANTA Project with PLANTA pulse
PLANTA Hybrid enables you to connect PLANTA pulse to PLANTA Project and synchronize the data of both systems, so that you can enjoy the benefits of both the agile and classic project management when it comes to planning and controlling projects. Therefore, you only need to configure server parameters for the PLANTA Project system that is ought to communicate with the PLANTA pulse system and make the settings for the user synchronization in the PLANTA Link component.
The Principles of Working with PLANTA Hybrid
- Planning of sprint tasks in a project in PLANTA Project
- Synchronization of the PLANTA Project tasks with PLANTA pulse: A sprint task becomes a PLANTA pulse board including predefined lists (e.g. “Backlog”, “To be done”, etc.). Planned resources are added to PLANTA pulse as board members. The tasks already synchronized with PLANTA pulse are marked in the PLANTA Project schedule by the PLANTA pulse symbol next to the bar of the respective task.
- Agile, self-organized planning and execution of the sprints by teams in the PLANTA pulse boards
- Recording of sprint working time in the PLANTA pulse boards. This working time is automatically returned to the corresponding tasks in PLANTA Project.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the projects by the project manager in PLANTA Project
Resynchronize Working Time and Resource Assignments
Working time saved in PLANTA pulse is resynchronized in the corresponding project in PLANTA Project when scheduling. This also applies to newly added users in PLANTA pulse and their working time.
Schematic Display of PLANTA Hybrid
Integration in the PM Environment